Sep 21, 2020
Dr. Anna Cabeca joins us today as we’re digging into how to heal naturally if you have premature ovarian insufficiency.
When I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure/insufficiency (POF/POI) at 28 I was told my only options were donor eggs.
I had no idea that underlying stressors both physical and mental/emotional were contributing to my infertility.
Fortunately, I was able to have both my children with donor eggs – but years later my health really began to suffer.
What I now know for sure is that crucial healing opportunities were missed for me. I see this all the time when we work with clients in our Fab Fertile Coaching program.
It is not about focusing on the POF/POI diagnosis.
Conventional medicine offers very few solutions for POF/POI. It’s either IVF (we’re given a very low chance of success) or donor eggs.
The functional approach addresses the healing opportunities (they are different for everyone and very individualized) and restores balance to the body. Because if your body is under attack it wants to survive not to procreate.
I’m excited to welcome Dr. Anna Cabeca, Emory University-trained and triple board-certified in gynecology and obstetrics, integrative medicine, and anti-aging and regenerative medicine. Dr. Cabeca was diagnosed with POI and was able to reverse the condition and get pregnant naturally with her daughter.
On this podcast you’ll learn:
1) Why POF/POI is not early menopause. Even if you have not had a period for more than 12 months we discuss if it is possible to restart the period again.
2) A POF/POI diagnosis is emotionally devastating – how to how to stay optimistic (especially when well-meaning doctors are telling you that you'll never conceive with your own eggs.)
3) Common issues we see with POF/POI (i.e. food sensitivities, gut infections, mineral imbalance, long term birth control use, autoimmunity, and thyroiditis).
4) We discuss the autoimmune disease and POF/POI and we break down the studies.
5) Why insulin, cortisol, and oxytocin matter and why balancing these is essential for hormone health and POF/POI.
6) When to supplement with bioidenticals. What to do about hot flashes (what do they mean?) Plus help for painful sex/urinary leakage and dryness.
If you are struggling with painful sex, vaginal dryness, urnine leaks or simply want to deepen your passion and intimacy grab your FREE 7 day Trial of Julva here (seriously it is a game changer): https://drannacabeca.com/products/julva-trial-pack/?rfsn=5507956
Learn more about Mighty Maca here: https://dranna.grsm.io/sarahclark473-MightyMacaFull
For the non-US residents go to www.yogafreebie.com to access your free fertility yoga video. In this 20-minute intro video, we focus on a calming and peaceful practice to connect back to our heart. These simple yoga poses can help quiet negative thoughts and make you feel more in control.
Book your Free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery Call here: https://intakeq.com/booking/cZ7XW6
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health)
Visit BLUBlox website at: http://bit.ly/BLUBlox
Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.