Jun 22, 2020
Dr. Marc Sklar joins us today as we're digging into how to choose the right IVF clinic and optimize your success
As you know we take a functional approach to fertility so you can either “get" pregnant naturally or if you do need to go to the clinic you can increase your chances of success.
However, you have may have come to that place in your journey that IVF seems like your next logical step.
Because you have already done these three (3) steps with your partner:
- Identified the stressors using functional testing such as food sensitivities, gut infections, environmental toxins, mental emotional triggers and structural (i.e. pinched nerve) and had your blood chemistry review using functional reference ranges (to catch any missed healing opportunities).
- Addressed the imbalances by making the targeted changes to your diet and lifestyle (this will take a minimum of six (6) months). Including retesting to ensure all infections are eradicated.
- Optimized your body, mind and spirit to get in the best possible health for pregnancy and postpartum period.
If you haven’t done this yet, I encourage you to check out Functional Medicine 101 to learn how the functional approach to fertility can help you get pregnant naturally.
I wanted to give you some resources to help you figure out which clinic is right for you.
I’m excited to welcome Dr. Marc Sklar to the podcast. He is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and trained at the Harvard Medical School, Mind/Body Medical Institute.
On this episode you’ll learn:
1) How to choose the right IVF clinic. What to look out for (ie turnover of staff, age limits for treatment, if they are too busy to answer your questions (what this means for you as a patient) and cost.
2) What lab work you should be asking for before treatment starts (ie HSG, physical exam, anti-sperm antibodies, trans-vaginal ultrasound).
3) The do’s and don’t of a successful transfer.
4) Techniques to do at home to improve IVF.
Text For US residents text FERTILE to 55444 to access your
free fertility yoga video.
For non US residents go to www.yogafreebie.com to access your free fertility yoga video. In this 20 minute intro video we focus on a calming and peaceful practice to connect back to our heart. These simple yoga poses can help quiet negative thoughts and make you feel more in control.
Book your Free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery Call here: https://intakeq.com/booking/cZ7XW6
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health)
Visit BLUBlox website at: http://bit.ly/BLUBlox
Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to recieve 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.