Nov 9, 2020
Caitlin Townsend joins us today as we're digging into how to cook foods that are good for your fertility.
Let’s face it changing our diet can be challenging. Our regular go-to snacks and food items may no longer match our new lifestyle.
We may feel that eating healthy for our fertility means chopping all day in the kitchen – but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Before you embark on a change – it’s important to establish your WHY.
If you are here right now – it’s to prepare your body for a baby with your partner.
Yep, we’re in this together.
And does it suck giving up your favorite foods – yes it does (I’ve been there). But after eating the standard western diet for years and literally seeing my health crash, what I know for sure is what we place on our fork every day is critical for our health...especially our preconception health.
So if you are looking for easy options that don’t have you spending all day in the kitchen, I’m excited to welcome Caitlin Townsend to the podcast. Caitlin is a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner as well as a Chef trained at The Culinary Institute of America.
This episode is for you if:
- You are ready to start the elimination diet and/or the AIP (autoimmune protocol diet) but you have no idea what you’ll eat (hint it’s not about starvation)
- You want to eat delicious food that doesn’t take hours to make (who doesn’t – and yes it’s possible).
- You’re stuck in a rut and sick of making the same old “fertility-friendly” foods – that don’t satisfy your cravings.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1) How to make eating the right foods for fertility actually taste good and satisfies your cravings.
2) How do we save time so that we don’t spend all day in the kitchen.
3) Easy options for the elimination diet (check out episode – How and Why To Do The Elimination Diet) and AIP diet.
4) Fast breakfast/lunch/dinner ideas and snack options that will keep you satiated.
5) Keeping your blood sugar stable is KEY for fertility our top foods to keep you from getting “hangry”.
Grab your free download –Herbal Coffee recipe - http://bit.ly/nbcherbalcoffee
6:05- INTRO TO CAITLIN AND TODAY'S TOPIC6:47- CAITLIN'S FERTILITY JOURNEY10:22- WHAT CAITLIN ATE LAST NIGHT AND HER "15 MINUTE" PRACTICE
12:00 HOW DO WE MAKE EATING HEALTHY TASTE GOOD?
- Why buying local and seasonally will make food taste better
- Adding herbs and spices (and her favorite combinations)
15:00-DEBUNKING THE MYTH THAT HEALTHY EATING TAKES LONGER
- Tips for saving time cooking healthy meals
- The difference between a crockpot and Instapot
18:09- MEAL IDEAS FOR FOOD ALLERGIES
- Breakfast ideas and rethinking what we are accustomed to
- Lunch & dinner ideas (with a fun Lamb recipe!)
26:45- CAST IRON 101- WHICH ONE SHOULD YOU HAVE?
28:20- WHAT YOU CAN EAT ON THE AIP DIET
- Break down different meal ideas on the AIP
- Roasted veggies 101
- The importance of exploring and trying different things
38:15- HOW CAN WE MAKE OUR FAVORITE MEALS HEALTHY?
- Italian, Mexican, and American meal substitution ideas
43:40- HEALTHY SOUP AND STEW IDEAS
45:08- FAVORITE HEALTHY DESSERTS
- Chocolate substitutions
47:57- HEALTHY SNACK OPTIONS
- How to use chickpeas in cookies
50:00- WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE HANGRY
- What we can do to keep ourselves from getting as hungry
51:10- CAITLIN'S RECOMMENDATIONS
52:36- CAITLIN'S SUCCESS STORY
54:00- CAITLIN'S COFFEE ALTERNATIVE RECIPE
If you are struggling with painful sex, vaginal dryness, urnine leaks or simply want to deepen your passion and intimacy grab your FREE 7 day Trial of Julva here (seriously it is a game changer): https://drannacabeca.com/products/julva-trial-pack/?rfsn=5507956
For the non-US residents go to www.yogafreebie.com to access your free fertility yoga video. In this 20-minute intro video, we focus on a calming and peaceful practice to connect back to our hearts. These simple yoga poses can help quiet negative thoughts and make you feel more in control.
Book your Free Supercharge Your Fertility Discovery Call here: https://intakeq.com/booking/cZ7XW6
Sponsored by: BLUBlox (Sleep+ is the world’s most advanced blue and green light blocking glasses addressing the exact frequencies of light required after dark to optimally produce melatonin for restorative sleep and health)
Visit BLUBlox website at: http://bit.ly/BLUBlox
Use coupon code: getpregnantpodcast to receive 15% discount. Free shipping worldwide.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Connect with Sarah on social media and learn more about functional fertility solutions that will help you have your baby.