Jun 13, 2022
We’re digging into the connection between food and mood and why this matters when you are TTC.
We all know that we are what we eat.
But do we really know how food impacts our mood?
For years I was eating food that did not support my body or fertility.
Before I figured out the food/mood connection, I thought I was irritable, cranky and anxious.
As I began understanding exactly how what I place on my fork daily dramatically impacts my state of mind, I no longer feel like I’m on a rollercoaster of emotions.
It’s not about perfection. I’m human, so I still get triggered. Working on my mindset is a daily practice. But now, I can identify that the cane sugar in my gluten-free treat made me feel anxious. That subtle yet powerful shift can mean everything.
Caitlin Townsend is part of my team at Fab Fertile. She is an integral part of our Couples Coaching program - which uses functional lab testing, diet, and lifestyle changes to dramatically improve conception. If you are struggling with infertility, your body is desperately trying to tell you something. Focusing on your health will either help you get pregnant naturally or, if you do need to go to the fertility clinic, it will improve your chances of success.
In this episode:
1) Why you may not eat enough protein, how it impacts your neurotransmitters and fertility and quick ideas to add protein to every meal.
2) The final word on carbs. Which carbs are right for you?
3) The impact of your gut on your mood and why this is important for fertility.
4) The importance of breakfast (and which foods should you choose to stabilize your blood sugar?). Deregulated blood sugar is a theme that we see with low AMH/high FSH.
5) How to know which fats to eat. Inflammatory fats can hide everywhere & healthy fats are crucial to building hormones.
6) How to eat enough greens and consume foods from the rainbow. Why chocolate may relieve anxiety.
Fab Fertile Method https://www.fabfertile.com/what-we-do/
Join the FREE 5-Day Fertility Challenge https://www.fertilitydietfreebie.com/
During our call, we’ll be discussing what you have tried so far and where you’ve faced challenges. This can feel stressful but is designed to help us get to the root cause of your fertility issues and will help me to give you the best possible action plan at the end of the call. However, to reassure you – on this call we won’t be digging into the trauma associated with infertility/miscarriage/loss – rather we are focused on solutions and an ACTION PLAN as to how our Fab Fertile Method can help you get pregnant naturally.
This episode is sponsored by: Fab Fertile Store
Ensure your preconception supplements are free from dyes, filler, and top allergens. Check out our fertility bundles with the essentials for preconception health.
Visit https://bit.ly/fabfertilestore and use code VIP15 to save 15% off your order.
Got questions? Join the Fab Fertile Support Group on Facebook for motivation, support, and education so that you can prepare for pregnancy success.
Check out the full show notes at https://www.fabfertile.com/blog/why-the-connection-between-food-and-mood-matters-when-you-are-ttc/